Monday, July 11, 2011

"OH" is not a "ZERO"

Just so all the SSB operators KNOW...without any question.....
The NUMBER "0" also properly referred to as "ZERO".....
Is never ever ever correct to be transmitted as "OH".....
Even for you GOONS that insist on giving your phone number with an "OH" in it....
I dare you to try to dial an "OH"....if you do...you would be dialing a 6/SIX!

For the SSB contesters..... 59 009 is not sent as "59 OH OH nine"....those in fact are ZEROs...... so "59 ZERO ZERO NINE" is correct.....

It DOES make a difference.....

Jose
N4BAA

1 comment:

  1. You know it's funny. I blame my southern roots for using "OH" when reading a telephone number off to someone. But I guess my very strong desire to get a proper LOTW entry or the point (or even more important, the mult) during the contest overrides the southern habits, because I ALWAYS say zero on the radio. Good post because it is annoying when you're in the groove to have to take that split second to think about what in the heck they're telling you. Matt - W1MSW

    ReplyDelete