Wednesday, April 22, 2020

FT8 and OTHER Digital Modes

Hello Ham Radio Sport Fans!!!

This morning, I decided to finally chime in on FT8 and other digital modes.

There are some hams who do not consider FT8 a "ham radio mode" or even being a valid "value added" ham radio definer. I say, "Who are they to judge"?

I have touched on this just a little bit in previous blog postings, but I think there is some value in just making sure we are all on the same page OR AT THE VERY LEAST.... agree to appreciate the "digital offering".

Case in point:

Just because I eat steak 3 times a week, should not be a platform for some tree hugging liberal "vegan" or "vegetarian" to start ripping my diet apart! Oh no! They can eat what THEY want to eat...and I of course will continue to eat what I want to eat. Isn't that they way it is supposed to be?

Now... IF they choose to "TRY" my steak and don't like it.... then by all means...don't eat it anymore. BUT...if they like it... then they may change their mind about steak all together and eat it more often.

My point is, there are different modes AND Freqs for different people! Isn't that OK? Shouldn't that be OK with everyone? Why not? You go to a smorgasbord and only eat want you want right? No one puts a little of EVERYTHING on their plates!! I think you get the picture!

Remember, ... the next time you hear a ham talking about how much they LOVE FT8 or ANY other digital mode... IT'S OK! Matter of fact, it is better than that....! It's awesome! The more people in our enjoyment of Amateur Radio the better!

So... be an advocate for ALL MODES and support others who may not enjoy the exact modes and freqs you do! Heck I LOVE contesting, DXing, BIG ASS ANTENNAS, but there are a BUNCH of people who shy away from all of those things... That's OK...

For me... Learn them ALL.. Embrace them all, support everyone in Ham Radio, be a good Elmer to someone... and for GOD's sake......

EAT STEAK!!!!

73
Jose
N4BAA

No comments:

Post a Comment